Monday, October 16, 2006

Favourite Story in Costa Rica: Bungee Jump

So while I was in Costa Rica I decided to go bungee jumping. I stayed in San Jose with a Columbian friend of mine who reluctantly accompanied me to take the picture. I said to him: Edinson, don't worry, I'm not asking you to jump with me, I just need for you to take the picture of me when I'm in the air. Okay?"
So he said sure and came along with me. Bungee jumping is one of those things that you can't think about, you just have to get on the bridge and jump. They count down from 5 to 1 and if you don't jump by the time they say 1, you're not gonna jump. When they got to 3...I jumped and it has to be the craziest thing I have ever done.
When I came back up, I found Edinson drinking water so I said: "Edinson, are you okay? why are you shaking? Where's the camera"
Response: Cuando usted se tiró me dió tanto susto, no pude sacar la foto. Y cuando pegó el grito yo dije AYY, se mató, que le voy a decir a su mama! No pude..ayyy Me tenian que traer agua por el susto...casi no sobrevivi.
When you jumped I was so scared I couldn’t take the picture. And when you screamed, I said “AYY, She’s killed herself, What am I gonna tell her mother…I just couldn’t take it. They had to bring me water because I was so scared. I almost didn't make it.
Me: Edinson, you didn't jump.
-- lo se, pero fue tan dificil verlo...dios mio..I know, but it was just so hard to watch, good god..

So although, I have no picture of me actually jumping off the bridge, I don’t know about you but I am just glad Edinson made it out alive.
Below are the pictures of the jump. Just click on the photo to make it bigger.










Photographer: Edinson Ruiz

No comments: