Sunday, May 06, 2007

Careful with the Menu

When I was travelling Northern Peru, I went to a restaurant to have a meal. I decided to go to a nice restaurant and they had candles lit on the table. Everybody looked at me since I was obviously a foreigner and it wasn't high tourist season. I asked for the menu and I opened it and put it near the candle to read it. But I put it too close to the candle and so my menu caught on fire. I didnt realise at first but when I realised I panicked and so I start slamminng the menu on the table to out the fire. So the people are looking at me like Im a maniac but the fire wouldnt go out so I just took the glass of water and threw it all over the table. And the fire went out. Of course I was really embarassed and everybody in the restaurant was laughing at me. Then the waiter brought me a new menu and once he moved me to another table he moved the candle away from me to avoid another 'fire' and as he stifled his laughter, said 'Cuidado con el menu por favor.." (Careful with the menu please). I was like 'ok.'

No comments: