Friday, January 05, 2007

Salchicha Gigante

So when I was in Northern argentina I was walking along the main road and you know how they have those mascots like ronald mcdonald and that stuff stand outside of restaurants or cafeterias? Well here in Argentina they have those kinda mascots. So I was standing outside of a restaurant in Salta that sold hot dogs and there was this mascot and since it was a hot dog place the mascot was a giant sausage.
He gave me a flier and then said "You're a really pretty woman...are you from Brazil?" So I look at the giant sausage and think...I am not really being hit on by a giant sausage then I go, thanks.. no Im from Jamaica.
And then he said "JAMAICA..wow...!" and I started walking away before he could say anymore but he kept following me and hitting on me. So I started walking faster and faster and by now I had drawn a lot of attention to myself because people were looking at the only black girl in town running from a giant sausage. But he just wouldn't stop...he kept following me and hitting on me no matter how fast I walked.
So it got to the point where I couldnt ignore his tauntings..and it was so annoying because I can't actually see his face. I don't know if its an old man, a young man or what because its literally a giant sausage wearing white stockings on his hands and feet saying: You dont want to go out with me..have a drink or eat with me?
So I just turned around and go "DEJE DE PERSEGUIRME QUE NO QUIERO SALIR CON USTED! No, PLEASE STOP FOLLOWING ME, I DO NOT WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU.
He goes: but Why not?
Me: PORQUE ERES UNA SALCHICHA GIGANTE! y No...No me das hambre, me das MIEDO! Because you're a giant sausage!!! And no...You're not making me hungry, you are making me afraid!
And then yes, he went away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so taking my mind out of gutter didn't work yet again... thinking of nuances of some languages and how easy would it be to make a mistake and actually say "porque tiene una salchicha gigante!"... sorry, just couldn't resist the 12 year old instinct in me :)

D.M.R said...

LOL..good one Kosta