Monday, September 11, 2006

My first film

Practically every comedian and cartoonist that I have interviewed believes that political humour is important because it forces us to laugh at ourselves particularly in times of hardship. When I arrived in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, the streets were lined with soldiers. Unlike the other tourists in the bus, I didn't stop to take pictures of them. Instead I called Romina and her mother to pick me up. Our conversation went a little like this:
Romina and Rosalina: Welcome to Honduras, We're a bit surprised that you decided to come at this time.
Me: Yeah, thanks. Whats up with the soldiers?
--"We're having some strikes right now--the teachers want more money so they've been blocking roads and stuff...you know how it goes.
Me: Yeah, well its okay.
---"Thank God you came by bus...At least you didn't fly into Tegucigalpa"
Me: Why?
---"Well because our runway is too short."

...
I will say no more at this point and let you hear the story for yourself. Below is a link to a video I have made of my conversation with Romina and her mother about the airport in Tegucigalpa. This is my very first film and I took the time out to make it with subtitles for those of you who don't speak spanish. I'm not a film major so the editing isn't that great but I did what I could. Check out the link to the film below: Enjoy!




©Danielle Roper

No comments: